The laboratory has been established since the 1970s and serves as an education and research laboratory. As an educational laboratory, the laboratory now conducts experimental modules for undergraduate and postgraduate students including Atomic and Molecular Physics, Modern Physics, Nuclear Physics as well as Computational Physics modules. As for the research laboratory, it has been facilitated to follow the research group in the Physics environment, namely:
- Cosmology, Astrophysics, Mathematics and Particle Physics (KAMP Research Group). The group conducted research modeling the universe, cosmology, astrophysics, physics modeling and economics, particle physics (Higgs-Boson, Mirror models), and mathematical approaches to physical problems.
- Computational Physics.
The group conducted research in various physical fields such as mesoscopic physics calculations on superconductor materials, complex systems in condensed object physics, development of symbolic calculation algorithms, modeling and simulation of experimental data on condensed object physics and nonlinear physics, and electronic structures. From the material that appears, modeling of social phenomena, calculation of celestial objects.
- Applied Physics (Formerly Spectroscopy Group of Acoustic Laser and Medical Physics Group). The group conducted research in applying, photo-acoustic principles of thermo-acoustics and laser spectroscopy in your energy and environmental problems. In addition the group utilized x-ray physics and tomography for medical research.
The laboratory is equipped with the following equipment: LEYBOLD 554800 X-Ray Apparatus, Lakeshore Gaussmeter, Alpha-Beta-Gamma-X-ray spectroscopic unit, Photoasi Spectroscopy Unit (CO2 Laser, PA-Cell, Lock-in Amplifier, Filling System, Spectrum Analyzer, Electronic & Optical Components, Data Acquisition System). X-Ray Tomography Unit (Camera Unit + Scanning Unit + X-Ray Seduction Unit + Data Acquisition Unit), homemade elliptometer unit, wavelength meter unit, USB 4000 Optical Portable Optical UV-VIS Spectrometer, Spin Coating, Thermoacaustic Unit for Environment and Energy Research
This laboratory trains collaboration with research institutes and universities that have long been established in Indonesia such as the National Atomic Energy Agency (BATAN), LIPI, BPPT, UI, ITB and UNS. In addition to national institutes and universities, the laboratory has also collaborated with foreign institutions such as Japan’s Kanazawa University, Singapore National University (NUS), Italy’s Trieste International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Italy’s ELETTRA Sincrotrone Trieste.
- Prof. Dr. Agung Bambang Setio Utomo
- Dr. Arief Hermanto
- Dr. Moh. Ali Joko Wasono
- Pekik Nurwantoro, Ph.D
- Gede Bayu Suparta, Ph.D
- Dr. Rer.nat., M. Farchani Rosyid
- Dr. Mitrayana
- Dr. Eng. Rinto Anugraha NQZ
- Dr. Eng. Fahrudin Nugroho
- Dr. Waskito Nugroho
- Eko Tri S ulistyani M.Sc.
- Dr. Dwi Setya Palupi
- Dr. Mirza Satriawan
- Dr. Iman Santoso
- Ikhsan Setiawan M.Si
- Romy Hanang Budhi, Ph.D
- Dr. Sholihun
- Elida Laila Istiqomah M.Sc
- Cipto Driyo
- Farid Wahyudi
- Puthut Dwi Jatmiko
- Rizki Dwi Prasetya rizki
Laboratory Equipment Facilities
- Atomic Beam Spectroscopy Equipment Units (Nd-Yag Pulse Laser, Dye Laser, Atomic Beam Chamber, High Vacuum Pump Unit, Photomultiplier Detectory Unit, Box-Car Unit, Optical Components, Wavelength-meter, Data acquisition System)
- Photoacoustic Spectroscopy Units (CO2 Laser, PA-Cell, Lock-in Amplifier, Filling System, Spectrum Analyzer, Electronic & Optical Components, Data Acquisition System).
- Pulse Nd-Yag Laser with second + third harmonic generator + separator.
- Continuous Nd-Yag Laser with second harmonic generator + lock In Amplifier + Data Acquisition Unit.
- Argon-Ion Continuous Laser.
- EPR Unit + Electromagnet Unit + Data Acquisition System.
- X-Ray Tomography Unit (Camera Unit + Scanning Unit + X-Ray Generator + Data Acquisition Unit).
- Vacuum System for the manufacture of GM Counter Side-Window type.
Scope of Research
- Biophysics and Medical Physics
- EPR (Electron Paramagnetic Resonance) and ESR (Electron Spin Resonance)
- Energy physics and radiation: Solar energy, atomic/nuclear energy, reactor physics
- Computational Physics (SuperConductors, Semiconductors, Parallel Computers, Complex Systems)
- Laser Physics: Photosakustic, Photothermal, Photogalvanic
- Environmental Physics
- Material Physics: Magnetic Materials, Semiconductors, SuperConductors
- Theoretical Physics: Quantum mechanics, material structures (atoms, molecules, crystals, nukes, elemental particles),
- Group theory and symmetry, Field theory (electromagnetic, tera field), Theory of relativity and gravity
- Photonika (optoelectronics, soliton, communication)
- Nuclear Detection and Spectroscopy Methods (alpha, beta, and gamma)
- Modern Optics: Holography, Interferometry, Quantum optics, Nonlinear optics
- Atomic Spectroscopy: Atomic beam spectroscopy, Mass spectroscopy, X-ray spectroscopy
- Imaging: Neutron, NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance), Optical, X-ray.
Contact person : Dr. Iman Santoso
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web : silab.ugm.ac.id/fo/laboratorium/detail/99
Address: Department of Physics Building Faculty of Mathematics and Sciences UGM 2nd Floor, North Sekip BLS 21 Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta 55281