Physics Study Program that is internationally recognized and excels nationally in educational activities, research and community service, as well as producing graduates who are competent in their fields, literate in science and technology and have a high commitment to be able to compete at the national and international level.
The MISSION of the
- Developing the Physics Study Program in order to be able to conduct Physics education at the forefront for people who have the potential to progress so as to produce graduates of international standard and high competence.
- Develop all laboratories and research groups that are in the shade in order to be able to conduct basic and applied research in an integrated and international standard so as to produce an external that is useful for the welfare of the nation and the development of science and technology.
- Increasing the role of physics and applied sciences to support the welfare and comfort of society in all aspects so that it is better known and appreciated its existence and function.
PURPOSE OF UNDERGRADUATE PHYSICS EDUCATION
- Developing an education system in the field of Physics and applied sciences through the implementation of an effective and efficient curriculum, the support of academically qualified teaching staff, the implementation of an integrated learning process and the existence of good learning and management facilities.
- Producing graduates who are intellectually superior, morally graceful, competent in their fields, have a high commitment and work ethic and are able to adapt to the development of science and technology through lifelong learning.
Graduate competencies should be structured based on the essential characteristics of physics. Of course what is an essential feature of physics, which is a philosophical problem, is not easy to
Determined. But there are some traits that most members of the physics community seem to agree on. Some of those traits are
- Physics includes observational, comprehension and forecasting activities or predictions of natural symptoms manifested in the form of theory, computation and experimentation, in which these three forms are inseparable complements
- Physics uses mathematics as a language and a tool to walk fr[dalam teori]om postulates to experimental propositions so that it can be compared with the results of experiments
- Physics is an empirical science so it can not be separated from the skills of conducting experiments. In addition, physics studies the very basic symptoms of nature, for example
elemental particles composing all materials and the universe, it can not be separated also from the ability to think philosophically
- Physics brings benefits in personal development such as problem solving ability, logical and analytical thinking ability as well as the ability to be independent
In that framework, the competencies that will be achieved for graduates of physics study programs are:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Understand the basic principles, development and application of physics (K1)
- Understand that physics is inseparable from mathematics (K2)
- Understand the importance of experimental experience (K3)
- Physics Skills
- Able to formulate and solve physics problems (K4)
- Able to plan, conduct, report experiments (K5)
- Able to use mathematics to show physical symptoms (K6)
- Transferable Skills
- Problem solving skills (K7)
- Research skills (K8)
- Communication skills (K9)
- Analytical skills (K10)
- Informas technology skills (K11)
- Personal attitudes or skills, for example: working independently, initiative, self-regulating, positive interaction with others, upholding norms, religion and professional ethics (K12)